Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Blog, New Start!

    I created this blog to share my weightloss journey with the world-YIKES!- and to keep me accountable. I have only lost 10 pounds so far and I still have 30 more until I reach my goal. Already I can feel a difference, and my husband even commented on it yesterday.
    I have been having an interesting time trying to fit exercise into my day, although I now look forward to it, because I can tell there is a reward. It has taken me a month but I am so proud of myself that I tell everyone I meet! I guess I shouldn't say that I have to "fit" exercise in my day; it's really more about finding a time that I am motivated to do it. I have a huge problem with apathy. It's only a problem because in reality, I do care. If I didn't care then I wouldn't be blogging, working out, or eating healthier.
    Eating right has been the biggest challenge. It doesn't cost money to work out. I have my long-forgotten bike, some workout videos from YouTube and an old pair of sneakers that have been put to good use lately. It costs money and ALOT of motivation to make healthy choices. A friend of mine who is also on a weightloss journey told me about MyFitnessPal.com and I log in religiously to track my calories. I say that eating right "costs money", but really it's no more than what I spend on take out. I have slowly modified my choices by adding more fruits and veggies in my diet and cooking meals a few times per week. My biggest downfall is chocolate. I seem to be an all or nothing kind of person when it comes to chocolate and other sweets. But I am so proud of the 10 lbs. that I have lost that I don't want to stop now! I never want to be at my old weight again! I remember what started it all: the day the BMI calculator told me I was overweight. A few weeks later my doctor told me I needed to watch what I am eating and move around more.
    Change is difficult and I know that it's not always going to be fun. But it will be worth it when I feel more comfortable in a swimsuit next summer (possibly a bikini-GASP)! Now that my husband has joined me on this path I am thrilled to learn where it will take our marriage and our health.
   If this is your first attempt or your fiftieth attempt, you can do it! Don't quit five minutes before the miracle happens! Join me and we can support one another!

Skinny Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment